Mark Driscoll gave this pride test as part of his sermon on Luke 14:7-11, the parable of the wedding feast.
- Do you long for a lot of attention?
- Do you become jealous or critical of people who succeed?
- Do you always have to win?
- Do you have a pattern of lying?
- Do you have a hard time acknowledging you were wrong?
- Do you have a lot of conflicts with other people?
- Do you cut in line at store, airport, on the freeway, etc.?
- Do you get upset when people do not honor your achievements?
- Do you tend more toward an attitude of entitlement or thankfulness?
- Do you honestly feel you are basically a good person and superior to others?
Scoring: Give one point for every “true” answer. If you scored 1-10, you are proud. If you scored 0, you are very proud!
How did you score? My score was off the charts.
Here is a video of Driscoll giving The Pride Test.